Clifftop

Clifftop

Sunday, July 3, 2011

part two

So after dealing with the state patrol on the issue of the missing person, we head back to the Belafonte to get ready for drinks and apps with my landlords.  My dad passes out on the front porch and I realize that I had a text from my uncle Mike.  He and his family had been vacationing in Virginia Beach that weekend and would be passing within about 30 miles of Hillsboro.  I was unaware of this until he texted me that he was in the PSBB parking lot!  So the fam came over to the trailer and hung out for a bit and then headed to Droop Mountain and Beartown while the folks and I went across the street to meet up with the landlords.  They had a whole spread of fruits and cheeses and delicious blueberries from their garden.  They had some kinda blue-tini thing with the blueberries.  Needless to say, we enjoyed them immensely.  

After drinks, we met back up with Mike, Mary, Lucas, and Jack for dinner at the Pretty Penny.  Everyone had the pleasure of meeting Josh, Tyler, and Joe.  I’m sure it was very entertaining for both parties.  I won’t say too much more, but I guess it was kinda nice for my parents to at least meet some of the people I hang out with up here.  Hopefully it was reassuring to them, but at the same time, I don’t really care.  

The folks came to PSBB Thursday morning for their tour.  And of course I kicked ass.  I give great tours. You should come take one.  When the rents left, I was kind of relieved but at the same time I had that quick pinch of loneliness that you get when you're not alone for a couple days, then suddenly you are.  That's kind of how it always is with parents, isn't it: day one - This is great!  I like my parents.  I forgot how cool they are!  day two - Sigh.  This would be a lot more pleasant if they would get off my back.  But I'm still having a pretty good time.  Trying to stay positive.  day three - I remember why I wanted to move out.  When the hell are they gonna leave?!  All I want is 5 minutes of peace.  day four - Well, that wasn't nearly as terrible as I expected.  I hope they come again....after several months.  (Don't get offended, Ma and Pa.  I still love you guys.)


The last couple days I've spent kind of recuperating, chilling out on my own (with Cody of course).  Friday night, they played Independence Day at the drive-in.  I cannot recommend this movie more.  It was freaking hilarious.  If you love America, watch this movie.  Terrible acting, ridiculous dialogue, absurd special effects.  Great movie.  Hell yeah, America.


I've started running again, now that I have a buddy to go with me.  Cody has been awesome off the leash and he usually keeps up with me.  I swear I'm gonna run a 5k this year, even if it kills me. 

Well again, I'm tired of typing.  Some exciting news: I have some more surprise visitors, well hopefully I do.  Hopefully they haven't gotten lost.  They were supposed to be here 40 minutes ago, and knowing how she drives, they could very well be in Nebraska.  Kaylyn and her friend Riana should be here soon though!  This should be an awesome holiday!!!

PS my blog has been viewed over 700 times!  Thank you!!!  I hope I'm entertaining all of you.  Also, people in the US, Germany, Japan, and France are tuning in!  CRAZY!  eeee!  

No comments:

Post a Comment