Clifftop

Clifftop

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Go America!

Kaylyn showed up to my house last Sunday in classic Kaylyn style.  They had a GPS with them, but only on their phone, so they didn't know where they were going.  They stopped at the gas station in Hillsboro asking for directions to my road.  The people didn't know where my road was but asked "Who ya lookin' for?" because everyone in this town knows where everyone else lives.  Except for me.  They didn't know who I was ac McCoy's but they did know where the director of PSBB lives, so one kind soul drove Kay and Riana to my boss' house who in turn drove them to my house.  Ridiculous.  For those of you who know her, this is classic Kaylyn.  This kinda stuff would only happen to her.  She is too much like Shirley.  Seriously. 

I thought I'd have a "party" at my house that night.  In reality it was four people showing up at my house.  Wild and crazy party, eh?  Of course the Tent City Boys came and jammed and me and the girls set off fireworks, and then the hoops came out.  Kay and Riana are expert hula hoopers.  Riana just got a fire hoop.  I swear they should join the circus.  Josh put Kaylyn to work by giving him a haircut.  He is still getting compliments on it.  The next day she cut mine.  I told her the next time she comes down here, I'm gonna have appointments for her.  I've already talked to 3 people that want her to cut their hair!  Again, classic Kaylyn. 

On the 4th, I took them to Beartown and we went swimming in the Greenbriar.  They were total babies about it.  "Are there leeches?  Are we gonna get bit?  How clean is it?  What the hell is with the snails?  I can't touch here!  I'm a baby."  psh and they consider themselves tomboys.  We went into Marlinton to see Molly's mural and of course everyone I knew was there. 

There was a band playing in the gazebo and free food and square dancing.  It was a quaint little 4th celebration.  It made me miss the Thompson 4th a lot.  Some people set off some covert fireworks before the official town fireworks.  We all agreed the unofficial ones were better.  Molly had a lot of friends from Asheville, NC in town for her mural unveiling, so there was a party at Kelly's, across from Tent City.  We proceeded to entertain ourselves by painting Kelly's porch.  With our feet.
Also, the Must family is friends with a couple from Athens: Russell Edwards, who ran for office in the House of Reps, and Airee Hong, who owns Agora - my favorite shop in DT Athens.  Surprising, Airee recognized me and we proceeded to marvel at how small this world really is.  They came up here for Molly's unveiling, showing just how much people freaking love this family. 

After the girls left, I had to work all week to prepare for our big croquet tournament.  I wasn't quite sure it was all gonna come together, but I think it really has!  And we raised over $2000!  Crazy!  I've been super stressed about it, but only one more day and it's over!  And Billy and Bethanne will be here this afternoon!  I'm on visitor overload! 



PS if you live in PoCo, stop reading my blog!  Joe. Emily. Cynthia.  Anybody else.  I'm talking to you. Quit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment