Clifftop

Clifftop

Thursday, July 7, 2011

one unidentified young woman

Quick update on the missing person in the Cranberry Wilderness.  Still nothing has turned up, but the radio released this article.  Read or listen to it all the way through- they mention one unidentified young woman who got the shit scared out of her.  Who's got two thumbs and never wants to visit the Wilderness again?!  This chick.  My mom told me she wants me to be in the Pocahontas Times newspaper by the end of my internship. I think this will do.

 On the 4th, my friend Molly unveiled a mural she painted on the side of a building in Marlinton.  It has rained pretty good the few hours before the ceremony, but the weather cleared out just in time for the event.  The Pocahontas Times wrote an article about the mural and you can see a picture of it and read about the meaning.  Molly is of the Must family, which includes Ginger, Bob, and Andrew.  As one person put it, they are Pocahontas County royalty.  They're artistic and open minded, hard working and friendly, super involved in the community.  I feel truly blessed to even know them. 

I've been super busy with the croquet tournament that we are hosting this weekend.  Right now, I should be working on our booklet, but I thought I'd stop by and let people read some interesting articles as they are waiting for a big blog post.  I still have yet to tell you about the fun visit with Kaylyn and Riana, and on Saturday, Billy and Bethanne are coming, so I'm gonna have even more to say.  I've also been taking videos and pictures non stop, so hopefully those will entertain you as well.  For now I should get back to work.  blurg.  This is the first time I've felt stress in a month and a half.  I'd forgotten how terrible it is.  On the plus side, we've raised over $2000 for the Birthplace!  wooooop!  But after this, I'm gonna need a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment