Clifftop

Clifftop

Friday, June 17, 2011

thoughts

Random thoughts of the day, and other things you don't care about:

Why does Darwin's theory of Survival of the Fittest not apply to squirrels and deer running across the road?

Attention all Baptists: I do not want to join your church family(whatever the hell that is).  So stop asking.

I think Hillsboro could have it's own reality show.  Everyone here is a freaking character.

I miss my dog a  lot. 
seriously, how could you not miss this lil bucket of cuteness?!



I always feel over dressed here.  Which is weird because I don't dress very well at all.  But compared to everyone else, I sometimes look like a runway model if only because I'm not wearing a Tshirt.

I had a job interview at the Prosecutor's Office to be a part time secretary.  The lady interviewing me didn't ask me any of the standard interview questions but told me that if I got the job, I should be on my guard because "cops will want to get in my pants."  And yes that is a direct quote.

Sometimes I have no idea what I've gotten myself into by moving to West Virginia.  But no matter what, it's better than living with my parents. (no offense, Ma)

I get super giddy when people compliment my writing skills.  And no I'm not fishing for compliments.  But I do appreciate any feedback on my writing.

I think it's funny that my brother wants pictures of my old people friends (Ginger, Sue, Jay) and not people my own age.  I also think it's funny that my mom wants me to take pictures of myself. If that's what you want, this is what you get.
You miss your beautiful daughter now, doncha, Mom?


I mowed my lawn for four hours on Tuesday.  And I didn't even finish it.  Also, it was a push mower.  Also, Sue told me later that I mowed part of someone else's property.  My hands and back are still sore.  FML.
the devil.


Granny's (the weekly bluegrass hangout) has been canceled due to crazy drama.  I was there to witness it all.  I kinda thought I was gonna get punched in the face, and I kinda wanted to laugh the whole time.  Boys are silly.

I'm working at not harboring negative feelings towards people.  Especially toward one person in particular.  After years of rage and disappointment, I honestly wish that person well.

I'm the youngest person I know in Hillsboro.  In Athens, a college town, I felt old at 22.  But here, I'm a child.  A youngin'.  Cynthia's friend actually thought I was 16 or 17 when he saw me the first time at the farm open house.  It's a very strange transition.

Sometimes, I crack myself up.  Actually, strike that, I often crack myself up.

I've been here for about a month, so I think it's time I do some more exploring.  I want to take a road trip to DC really badly, but because of the days I have off, I'd have to go alone.

More to come.  And I'll attempt to be more entertaining in the next post.  But no promises.

Here's some pictures from our garden at PSBB.



No comments:

Post a Comment