Clifftop

Clifftop

Saturday, June 25, 2011

parade time

Four hours of sleep before the busiest day at Pearl Buck?  I'm responsible!
And it's not busy anyways.  The Little Levels Heritage Fair is underway, but not much is happening.  The parade lineup is on the front lawn, so there's a lot of people here, but none of them want to talk to me.  And I am just fine with that.  Lots of tractors and a couple of old cars.  And little girls running around in tiaras and sashes, with titles such as "Little Miss Roadkill Stew" and "Teen Miss Mountain Salamander Queen."  This makes me miss the Thompson Fourth of July parade when I was a kid.  I always thought it was so cool that I could be in the parade, even if I was just riding my bike. 

I thought I was gonna have to work the PSBB booth in the elementary school gym, but somehow I got outta that so I'm sitting in the office waiting to give tours.  I'm looking forward to the cake.  That's what's getting me through the day. 

I went to the schoolhouse last night.  Due to parking problems, I wasn't able to make it to the masters concert and the big finale of Allegheny Echoes in Marlinton.  But that does not mean that I missed out on great music.  The Carper Family was playing at the schoolhouse.  They're three chicks who are totally bad ass bluegrass players.  Bass, fiddle, guitar, and three voices that harmonized perfectly.  The schoolhouse was pretty packed and for good reason.  The ladies were definitely great performers and I hope to see them again.  I apologize for the quality of my video.  It's hard to take a video when you're bouncing around trying to dance.

After the ladies were done singing, then it was time for some Texas two step.  Having sat out square dancing earlier in the week, I felt it was my hillbilly duty to try some two steppin.  I had no clue what I was doing of course.  But it sure was fun.  Everybody was just spinning each other around the dance floor.  And I've got to admit, I had a pretty good partner.  After dancing, the Tent City Boys (Josh, Clay, and Andrew - and if they decide to start an actual band and use that name, I better get some credit) started jamming outside.  Of course.  These dudes never stop playing. 

Instead of being able to watch the parade, or really participate in any fair activities, I get to sit here at work and write this blog!  So I've got some more pictures for you.  Yet again, more flowers.  I know I know.  Enough with the damn flowers already! 

These guys were in the parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment