Clifftop

Clifftop

Saturday, June 4, 2011

and boredom sets in

The last three days, not a single visitor at the museum.  So I kinda get paid to sit around and surf the interwebs and slowly come up with new displays for the house.  As lovely as that sounds, it's completely boring.  Since no one comes to visit, why should I even attempt to update the displays - no one is gonna see em.  But on that note, I've made major progress on my China display.  I took some pictures and when it's finished I'll post the before/after pics on here and I will greatly encourage comments and advice.  I had an idea to play traditional Chinese music in the room, so now I have to figure out how to obtain traditional Chinese music.
I have some ideas about updating our gift shop as well, but I'm not sure where I would find the funds, and I have a feeling my boss thinks my ideas are a bit overambitious.  I found a website that has some cool "traditional" gifts and such from China - old coins, tea sets, paper lanterns, oriental fans.  Just little things that could sell for cheap, but still sell.  Last week an old lady yelled at me because there were only books in the gift shop and not homemade crafts and crap like that.  She was very upset.  I tried to explain that I had just started working here and thus had no idea what she was talking about, but being an old lady, she had some stick up her ass.  If I ever turn into anything like that, please end it all for me.
Tonight is a night that I've been looking forward to for a while now - reggae night at the Pretty Penny Cafe.  That's right, the one restaurant in my town hosts a reggae night once a month.  Now when I had first heard this, I was all wtf?!  Then I was told that the owner's husband is Jamaican.  Which comforted/disappointed me.  I was comforted in knowing that it would be legitimate reggae, but I was disappointed that some hillbillies in town weren't going to attempt to play reggae music.  I'm supposed to meet up with a girl I met from the farm open house last week.  I think I might scare her away though because I am so freakin excited to socialize.  I don't even care if I talk to anyone the whole night; just seeing people makes me feel better.
I spend a LOT of time by myself, which at first I tried to pretend was healthy.  I was getting in touch with my inner self and learning new things about myself and all that BS.  Now, I'm like a fat kid who hasn't eaten in two weeks.  My cravings for human interaction are borderline sociopathic.  I mean seriously, this blog is my best friend.
I apologize.  I sounded like some emo, cut-my-wrist, my-life-is-terrible, I-cry-myself-to-sleep teenager.  I am in fact a grown ass woman.
On a lighter note, please enjoy this awkward family photo
PS I encourage you to comment on my blog, one so I can have something to actually do at work and two so I know someone is actually reading this.  Thanks please!

No comments:

Post a Comment